Thursday, March 25, 2010

Challenges & Way Forward

  One thing I tackle now is how I should connect community inside resource with outside opportunity for the maximum benefits of the community without any much stress or pressure. For example, the soap made in community and outside market, interested individual persons in community and resource farmer, NGO especially concerning about mushroom and small animal rearing.
   Another problem is how I can assist forestry office and forest fringe communities collaborate with each other. Some senior officers are understanding and I always reported bushfire information to them because they operated their field officers effectively. Then they will hopefully monitor IGA and inspect community from now on.


   The last is my way forward. As for IGA, I will focus on development and expansion of soap making group activity. I will also promote individual IGA with help of outside resource persons, such as training teacher of honey and mushroom, and agric officer specialized in small animal rearing.
   About GB, I continue to monitor GB members and activity then will contribute toward cooperation among forestry office and community members to prevent annual bushfire in TAIN1 FR for the sake of sustainable forest management.
   I also continue my school activity. My aim is to have classes of environmental studies and fire education with all of JHS students and Senior Primary students in forest fringe community. Then I definitely interact with more children to offer more possibility and opportunity in their lives.
   Now I plan some projects; one is Sports Balls Project, which is to provide some volley balls and footballs to forest fringe schools with cooperation of my Japanese family:
   Another is the School Bus Project form Germany students and one Ghanaian man living in German, who came from Chiraa in Sunyani, where I live now. One Germany teacher let me know this wonderful and heart-warming story through this SHOKOLA blog then it is now in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment