Sunday, April 10, 2011

When earth beat loudly

Hello all my dears in the world.
hope u all fine, am cool in quaking Japan.

When the world had the biggest heartbeat of earth among recent records,
I was on my way from Sunyani to Accra, with several luggages to Japan.
I had just left my sweetest hometown, said good bye to my big-mamas, lovely uncles, precious bro&sis, just dotted a period to my 2 years service in rural community development for Ghana Republic. I actually didn't have enough time to miss Sunyani because of an admission to the hospital in Nyaho. So I was really unwilling to part from my people.

I always listened to music or slept in the bus, taxi, trotro, in any transportation.
My sister Afia Naomi too.
(a Japanese lady! my room mate & coworker)
but this time, we didnt sleep at all, didnt listen at all. just viewed a bus window and chatted when each reminded something in turn. About everything. We really talked everything. She has nice personality, so I never hesitated to share my joys, troubles, everything in my life. That was one of the keys we successfully developed our projects in such unexpected ways (women's group for soap making, nursery establishment for tree planting, environmental education in schools and so on). Love and Music are common issue too.

Then, my friend gave me a call during our conversation in the bus.
He saw TV and knew about earthquake and tsumani attacks.
He is one of my precious from Tema,
we would have worked together last year,
so he was worried about me.
I didnt have fine phone or any tool to connect with internet in public so,
he gave me a first notice about this disaster.
I couldnot know detail until I reached to hostels.

Then some Japanese colleagues, volunteers as well, let me show YouTube video of tsunami.
Too shocked to recognize this is real.

I went to my friend's place, to meet darlings,
they talked about earthquake and worried about me and Japan too.
Some even said I shouldnt go back.
At that moment, here was safer than there.

Next morning, I saw CNN news on a big screen at my darling's house.
They broadcasted unbelievable info and scene repeatedly.
Just lost a word to speak and teared.
On that day in an aftermath of the biggest shock,
I stayed with my darlings all day and they gave me beautiful night.
It was a quite big music event.
Fortunately I witnessed a significant moment in musical history in the world.
(would like to write about it in another day)
It was so touched night in my life.
During their performance, I was free from any concerns or worries.
Each of my darlings were so wonderful.
And they were always so kind to me.
That made me cry.
They are all talented but never arrogant like a star on TV show.
In Ivory Coast too, a week before this night.
Because they were so tender
I am here

I believe a god of music is there, he is here, in this world.
I am very sure I saw him in Jan in a rural town among forest in West Africa.
He was accompanied by angels who often played in +233.
Then, one day, he sent me messengers.
They taught me like;
'One Love, One Heart, One Music'
So to show my deep appreciation and admiration,
I would also like to follow them, to be a part of messenger of Love and Music.

Now, in aftermath of the worst quake,
we Japanese noticed, and learning and practicing
'To Do What Each Can Do In Each Place'
So that world get better.
Even small action will be a great step for us, for earth.
To change the world.
Now we stand on the point.

When earth beat screamingly, I was in Ghana.
His heartbeat gave me deep sounds.
When my heart was torn, I was cared by my people.
By a harmony of cultures and kindness
So I have to write this touched story

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this..
    my heart goes out to all those that lost their lives in the tsunami. may their souls rest in peace.
    nice post.
    much luv,
    dangel eyez
    http://www.dangelola.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow dangel
    deep thx 4ur sweet words...
    I went volunteerin to stricken area n just returned my home
    havnt read my articles since I left
    but still remind me wat I felt at that moment so vividly
    will keep up writin
    I enjoy ur atricle too thx sis
    lov shokola

    ReplyDelete