Sunday, April 10, 2011

Love and Support from Ghana to Japan

Hi dears again.
Thanks for your kind supports in this diary.
Each of your comments deeply impress me and really energize to tell the message to the world.
So I would like to introduce you one love letter from Ghana,
to my motherland Japan,  where is suffering by disasters.

We actually hear heartbeats of earth everyday.

Sometimes the epicenter is the Northeast, where the worst quake attacked last month.
Sometimes it is around Tokyo bay, near my hometown, 
sometimes middle part, the South and so on.

We really feel its strong pulse, cant help think earth is living.
One priest said its like on the back of dragon who swim on magma of the Pacific Ocean Plate. 

In this evening, at 5pm on 11th April 2011 in Japan time, there were quite large earthquakes in the east of Japan. Of course here the greater Tokyo area too, all the buildings were shaking but people were so calm, it may be these levels of quakes are becoming normal (M3-4). But the aftermath of epicenter was severe, we had three times of M6 level earthquakes in just ten minutes in the epicenter. It has been just past one month after the worst one, M9.

Since this evening, power has been down again near the focus area and people are suffering in the place which they has evacuated. Worse, it has been rained tonight.

So in this freezing night, I would like to message one love letter from tropical Ghana to suffering Northeast of Japan.

Ghana is located in West Africa, well known as cocoa farming, gold mining, timber industry and so on. People are quite friendly and full of hospitality, (though some so some not as usual you know!) living peacefully among traditional identity and modern culture.

Japanese who are resident in Ghana organized charity event in Accra Mall, the biggest shopping mall in Ghana. (In fact, there were colorful events on that day in Accra, the capital city of Ghana, so I like to write about it later*;)) Some Japanese children made beads accessories to raise fund for the victims of the earthquake. Some Japanese performed music for people in Accra Mall, and Ghanaian people signed encouraging messages on the Japanese flag. I had known about this charity event through internet. But what was most impressed me was the pictures uploaded on Twitter, by my Ghanaian friend, Diva Yasmeen. Her beautiful voice moves all human beings but her action for caring others is also awesome, actually she is concerned in environmental issue and promote recycling and reusing.


Japanese residents in Accra took a initiative and held the event, then Ghanaian friends attended it to support. A live twittering let me know how it rose up.


It is not only rich developed countries,
who expect in return when Japan rebuild after the big earthquake.

But even from another world, like Ghana from Africa, developing countries,
Friends are really worried about us and take action to send their love and support.


We appreciate any support,
but Love from Ghana was different from others.

I just wanna tell my story.
Between Ghana and Japan.
When I found those pictures on the internet,
the flag filled by Ghanaian message,
the beads sold by Japanese children,
cello and piano peformed by Japanese in Accra Mall,
I was really moved.
Just wanna share my emotion.

That's all.

2 comments:

  1. hello, welcome back JAPAN, my love.
    Well literary, I'm not there yet, but that's our country that I have realized already.
    And I want to work or just live between people that I've met all over the world. UK is kind a fantastic place to meet people.
    The heart beat of earth makes human nervous, though, please be strong.
    I'm quite worried about my family, and my mother made the charity T-shirts. I don't know what she start to do, but anyway,
    Keep in touch Shoko and let me know many news you do for Africa and Japan.
    Love
    Chihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey my pretty girl...!
    big big thx 4readin my messages...
    we keepin touch on FB already but
    ur message here has another significant meanin 4me
    deep thx chihi xxx
    am still afro-pop culture mania so wil keep up!
    but u in such a fantastic place so
    pls say hello 2my darling♡
    wat is more his buddy M3NSA is based there!
    dis yr UK is too hot!

    ReplyDelete