Thursday, February 26, 2009

My professional background is...

The title is of an short essay that I wrote in English class
to introduce myself briefly
It might be helpful when I do so in my host country GHANA
So, I'd like to upload

***********************************************************

I have a B.A. in International Politics and Economics.
The events of September 11th 2001 motivated me to pursue this degree.
Initially, my major was International Politics.
Moreover, economics also piqued my interest.

After receiving my degree, I began a career in finance.
I was an executive assistant for the Foreign Bonds Investment Team
for 3 years at a Japanese Investment Bank.
Financial markets are so dynamic and fascinating,
it’s like a living creature.
The financial crisis of 2008 was the busiest and most dynamic time
in my career.
I was a number cruncher, but gradually, I came to question
if this financial capitalism would work better with financial problems of the developing countries.

Finally, I decided to volunteer and became a JOCV to do what I can do now in the field of sustainable development in Ghana,
not the corporate world.

In summary, I studied International Politics and worked in finance.
Global issues always inspire me. I look forward to my 2 years in Ghana.

No comments:

Post a Comment