Sunday, April 25, 2010

News Letter From Chiraa Vol.1 -Students marched on Independence Day in Chraa!!-

Nice to meet you, everyone!! My name is Shokola, who lives in Chiraa. Many thanks for your sweet letter, I am glad to communicate with you and appreciate the teacher who bridge between you and me. This is a monthly news letter from Chiraa to you, to introduce Ghanaian circumstance and help you interact with Ghanaian students.

First of all, let me introduce Chiraa shortly and the biggest event in Chiraa in this month!

Chiraa is an old town in rural area, with a population of 15,000 who are farmers and traders by occupation. It takes 30 minutes by car from the capital city Sunyani, in Brong Ahafo region in the midland of Ghana. Indigenous people are Akan tribe, who is major in Ghana and speaks Twi language. People in Chiraa are very friendly, so Chiraa is cool!

Ghanaian celebrated the 53rd Independence Day on 6th Mar 2010, which Ghana won from Britain in 1957. All the students in Chiraa assembled in the playground of Methodist School, more than 24 Primary Schools and JHS!, and representative students of schools marched in front of Chiraa people, including chiefs and politicians. S.D.A J.H.S and S.D.A Primary Schools A & B also participated in this ceremony. They practiced Ghanaian marching for that day then performed perfectly!! Every marching was unique and so cute! I wish you could see them.
Finally I like to say thank you again. I am very impressed that you had African week and support the school bus project. I am now very happy because I enjoy working in the community and my life in Chiraa, love Ghanaian music, and what is more, I could make friends with you.

1 comment: