Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dearest CHIHIRO


Hi★Chihi!
Long time no see!
How have you been?
I’m so sorry that I didn’t visit to Kyoto and greet you before I left.
I finished my training in Nihonmatsu in Fukushima prefecture. (Actually that was also marvelous, I made many friends and I’m sure you’d like some of them! Their background and personalities are too various to express. Some joined Working Holiday in Australia or New Zealand, went abroad to study development , worked in finance or consultatnt, traveled around the world, and so on!)

And now, finally, I’m coming GHANA!!!
As a Japanese Overseas Cooperation Volunteer,
my assignment is Rural Community Developer.
Moreover, here in Ghana, I enjoy (rather, should enjoy?) my survival life.
Water supply and electronic power are often cut off, and I’m accustomed to seeing big cockroaches and lizards gradually and going outside without makeup & sunburn.
I experienced home stay in my assigned place, rural small town in the middle land of Ghana, it takes more than 9 hours by bus from capital city Accra.
And now I’m waiting in Dormitory in Accra, because my new house is under construction.

Before I left Japan, I went to Aoyama to visit our university with Tomo-tomo.
Main path from the gate to the library, maidenhair trees besides the approach, the benches where we talked all the time, the Wesley Chapel, classrooms, study office, pedestrian bridges in front of the university… Everything made me remember my student life.
You know, we talked many things!!! From International politics, Conflict resolution, such as election of the president of USA, Iraq War, the UN charter; the way we are and going to be in the futures, our dreams; to cute & sweet café, shops, boutiques, & of course LOVE!!!

Chihi, you are one of the most respectful friends. You believe your own way and senses, keep strong will and enjoy feminine life as well as other F4 member, Sachi & Rinko!
You always inspire me & I believe we are friend forever wherever we are, even though we can’t contact so often. I’m looking forward to hearing from you.

P.S.
I apologize that I can’t go to Buenos Aires with you!
& we can keep in touch anytime if you joined FACEBOOK.

With a lot of Love XOXO!!!

Sincerely,
Shoko

No comments:

Post a Comment